Sunday, June 13, 2010

Joking 2010:3

At dinner on Saturday evening I was talking with three students who I’ve taught in the past. They were curious to know what class level they would be for this year and when I could I told them. These students are all have quite good English so they will be in the higher level classes. But they were joking with me, “I think I will be Level 1.”

“No. No. You must challenge yourself. You must push yourself to learn English.”

They rolled their eyes as they nodded at my encouragement.

Several minutes later in the conversation I was trying to remember a word in Arabic. “I must work on my Arabic this summer.”

Without missing a beat, Marco chimed in. “Yes. You must challenge yourself Pastor Amy. You must push yourself to learn Arabic!”

It was a good laugh and a reminder of how these students love to joke!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to go back again, Pastor Amy! My prayers accompany you. Is Fr. Michael Calabria there this year? If he is, please give him my greetings! God bless you!

    -Sr. Emily Marsh

    ReplyDelete