Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We're Walking 2010:6

After dinner tonight the teachers took out a large group of students for ice cream and soda as a reward for their hard work last week. After we got everyone fed and watered, I began walking with two of my fellow teachers, the seminarians from Rome and three of the students. As I lead the way down the street, Aymen, one of the students said, "Pastor Amy, do you know where you are going?"

"Yes. Up ahead is the circle and then we turn left to return to the seminary."

"How do you know this?"

"Aymen, I have been traveling to Egypt for four years. I have walked these streets many times in the day and at night. I know where I am going."

I should have kept leading the way, but Albert insisted he would take us a new way. After 10 minutes of walking he was lost. Atef and I began leading the way and he insisted if we kept going straight we'd hit Road 87 and then take a right to go to seminary. I insisted we'd need to take a left. We made a bet on who would be correct.

Atef owes me soda!

No comments:

Post a Comment