Thursday, May 24, 2018

Anticipating ...

My usual room at seminary
With two weeks to go before my anticipated departure to Egypt, I'm starting to wonder what it will be like when I arrive. Every year brings new changes to the seminary and Ma'adi. Since I didn't travel last summer, that means two years of changes to take in. Some of the changes I know -- my dear friend, Abuna Bishoi, is now the rector of the seminary; there will be two years worth of students who will have moved on, which means I'll have two years of new students to meet and learn about.

Cappuccino and biscotti at Cafe Greco











What I anticipate the most each year is not finding out what is new and different, but re-acquainting myself with people, places, and experiences that are familiar and known. Places like my room at the seminary, cappuccino at Cafe Greco, and fresh mangos dripping with juice eaten while hanging out the window.


Fresh mangos

The simplest joys are often the best!





No comments:

Post a Comment