Monday, July 5, 2010

Pharaoh's Revenge 2010:13

“Pharaoh’s revenge” is the name that foreigners give to gastro-intestinal troubles that hit travelers to Egypt from time to time. It hit me with full force yesterday, so instead of spending a free day with Hans and Jen as I had planned, I was motionless in my bed counting the minutes until the wonder drug “Antinol” would kick in. It’s the only time in my years in Egypt that I’ve ever been cold, which tells me that I was quite sick.

Today I’m still feeling a bit weak, but I managed to teach my morning classes and I’m enjoying the AC at Greco this afternoon while Hans and Jen read.

Hoping for an outing tomorrow. Can’t believe this is my last week of teaching. This summer course has gone so fast.

2 comments:

  1. Rest up! Glad you're feeling better, and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip, I've enjoyed reading your blog. Blessings to you all in your travels.
    -Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been fun reading your blog entries. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete